What it is
This is a picture of the sea at Bali, Jimbaran. It’s a little south of Denpasar, near the airport, and near the largest fish market of the island. The beach is littered with garbage, and even with shoes we were careful where we stepped.
As a side note, Balinese people have a real problem with garbage. It’s literally everywhere. Even when we went on hikes where we met nobody, we still found plastic bags on the trail. You can learn more and donate to one of the associations trying to help with this problem here.
I took this picture with a Galaxy S3, thus the crappy image quality.
What I like
- The juxtaposition of the beached boat with the ones in the sea
- The “rule-of-third-compliant” framing
- The colors of the sea and the boats
What I don’t like
- There is garbage a bit everywhere on the beach. Not much I can do about it.
- There are garbage bags on the right. I should have framed more to the left.
- The boat could be less “aligned”, so that we could see a bit of its side. I should have moved right a bit.
- The boat is cut on the left. I should have framed more to the left.
- The “eye-level view”. I should have squatted down.